lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Iris Soto <ms...@agssa.net>
Subject How configure SnowballAnalyzer to language Spanish
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:33:31 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to configure Solr to index a Spanish site and I am hitting
some problems.
I have a basic install using the Tomcat.

Into schema.xml file i have the following:

<fieldtype name="text_es" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
     <analyzer>
         <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
         <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true"/>
         <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory"
language="Spanish"/>
     </analyzer>
   </fieldtype>

In Solr wiki appears package:
org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer, how can i specify
the type of language to use it?
<analyzer class="org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer">

I want that ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory delete accented forms, like: á,
é, ñ... , but in case of queries, this process doesn't works, because it
should search words that contains that accented forms.
Is good this code? How can i configure the analyzer to Spanish language?

Thanks & Regards,

--
Iris Soto

--