lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: How much ram can Solr use?
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:16:34 GMT
>Does that actually work?

I haven't tested the impact, but it certainly would cause all of the
index files to be read, and thus cached by the OS (depending on how
much RAM was available). And this came from a big commercial user of
Lucene. I think they were running on Linux (something like FC4).

-- Ken

--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.