lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Extending Solr's Admin functionality
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:49:12 GMT

On Sep 27, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Walter Underwood wrote:

> On 9/27/06 9:07 AM, "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> First I agree with yonik, the main point is to define which classes /
>> parts / mbeans should be exposed to JMX is the hard part and
>> should be
>> planned carefully.
>
> That is the hard part regardless of whether we use JMX or bare-metal
> HTTP+XML. What operations are exposed for admin?

Well, for long-hanging fruit (autumn Virginia apples):

   * In a read-only fashion, everything from stats.jsp and registry.jsp

This could already be done by making a request handler do what those
JSP pages do - piece of cake.  But I can see Solr also providing more
interactive type of administration in the future, such as providing
analysis capabilities, spell checking, and (*gasp*) dynamic
configuration of the schema and configuration even.

	Erik