lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Imbeault <michael.imbea...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Facet performance with heterogeneous 'facets'?
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:34:43 GMT
I upgraded to the most recent Solr build (9-22) and sadly it's still
really slow. 800 seconds query with a single facet on first_author, 15
millions documents total, the query return 180. Maybe i'm doing
something wrong? Also, this is on my personal desktop; not on a server.
Still, I'm getting 0.1 seconds queries without facets, so I don't think
thats the cause. In the admin panel i can still see the filtercache
doing millions of lookups (and tons of evictions once it hits the maxsize).

Here's the field i'm using in schema.xml :
<field name ="first_author" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

This is the query :
q="hiv red
blood"&start=0&rows=20&fl=article_title+authors+journal_iso+pubdate+pmid+score&qt=standard&facet=true&facet.field=first_author&facet.limit=5&facet.missing=false&facet.zeros=false

I'll do more testing on the weekend,

Michael Imbeault
CHUL Research Center (CHUQ)
2705 boul. Laurier
Ste-Foy, QC, Canada, G1V 4G2
Tel: (418) 654-2705, Fax: (418) 654-2212