lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Searching with access controls
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 03:43:02 GMT
On 8/10/06, Martyn Smith <martyn@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> I'm trying to index data in a system that implements some rather nasty
> access controls on the data.
>
> Basically, there are users, and communities, and users are members of
> the communities. Potentially a user could be a member of hundreds or
> even thousands of communities (there's no enforced upper limit).

I think option 2 (storing the community id with the document) is the way to go.
If it's not fast enough, custom query handlers and using filters may help.
You could also store user documents in the collection to avoid passing
the security info (this would definitely require a custom query
handler).

What are the number of documents, and number of communities?

-Yonik