lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: acts_as_solr
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:12:13 GMT

: I've spent a few hours tinkering with an Ruby ActiveRecord plugin to
: index, delete, and search models fronted by a database into Solr.

I don't know crap about Ruby, but that looks pretty cool.

: I'd like to commit this to the Solr repository.  Any objections?

: commit, what directory should I put things under?  How about just
: "ruby"?

no objections .. as for where, my gut says somwhere under src/ (ie:
src/ruby) but the current src/ tree is very focused on the server itself
-- src/java, src/scripts, and src/webapp all being completley server
specific, src/apps and src/test being server specific in nature since they
focus on src/java.

perhaps a top level "clients" directory with this going in clients/ruby ?

-Hoss