lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ross McDonald <rossaj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Mac OSX - error reading /usr/local/lib/libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 06:06:32 GMT
Thanks for the quick response guys,

I am using jdk 1.5, and am ensuring use of this jdk by typing the
full path.

As regards doing an 'unzip -l' on the file it indeed generates an
error..

/usr/local/lib rossputin$ unzip -l libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib
Archive:  libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib
   End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is
not
   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In
the
   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be
found on
   the last disk(s) of this archive.
note:  libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib may be a plain executable, not an
archive
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of
libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib or
         libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib.zip, and cannot find
libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib.ZIP, period.

oh dear.. maybe this is corrupt?

A 'jar tvf' generates no output, once again indicating that the file
is not a valid jar,

regards,

Ross.

On 15 Aug 2006, at 00:09, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : The older version of Jetty that we are using requires the JDK
> version,
> : not the JRE version of 'java' so it can compile JSPs via javac.
> Maybe
> : that's be the problem?  Try typing the full path to the java
> : executable to verify.
>
> Perhaps ... but this seems like an awfully strnage exception to get
> if the
> problem were that it can't find the compiler...
>
> : > error: error reading /usr/local/lib/libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib;
> : > java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>
> ...he said that /usr/local/lib/libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib did in fact
> exist.  (I would expect a class not found or an attempt at opening
> a file
> that doesn't exist in the other case)
>
> I don't really know much about Java on Macs, or what a "dylib" file
> is ...
> but the exception seems to indicate that it's expecting to find a
> Zip file
> (possible a jar?)
>
> Ross: does "unzip -l" or "jar tf" on
> /usr/local/lib/libsvnjavahl-1.0.0.0.dylib work for you?
>

> -Hoss

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use"  The Wall Street
Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html