lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tricia Williams <pgwil...@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject add/update index
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:54:58 GMT
Hi,

    I have created a process which uses xsl to convert my data to the form
indicated in the examples so that it can be added to the index as the solr
tutorial indicates:
<add>
   <doc>
     <field name="field">value</field>
   </doc>
</add>

    In some cases the xsl process will create a field element with no data.
(ie <field name="field"/>)  Is this considered bad input and will not be
accepted?  Or is this something that solr should deal with?  Currently for
each field element with no data I receive the message:
<result status="1">java.lang.NullPointerException
  at org.apache.solr.update.DocumentBuilder.addField(DocumentBuilder.java:78)
  at org.apache.solr.update.DocumentBuilder.addField(DocumentBuilder.java:74)
  at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.readDoc(SolrCore.java:917)
  at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.update(SolrCore.java:685)
  at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrUpdateServlet.doPost(SolrUpdateServlet.java:52)
</result>

    Just curious if the gurus out there think I should deal with the null
values in my xsl process or if this can be dealt with in solr itself?

Thanks,
Tricia

ps.  Thanks for the timely fix for the UTF-8 issue!