lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From WHIRLYCOTT <p...@whirlycott.com>
Subject Re: client code for searching?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:11:44 GMT
On Jul 14, 2006, at 3:29 PM, Brian Lucas wrote:

> Ah, my mistake.

No worries.

> The PHP client mentioned can provide some more direct examples with
> SOLR.

I'm looking at this for ideas...

> As a side note, I've written a Java search client to use with
> Lucene but it
> would require some changes to use in Solr.  Would this help?

Not sure.  Maybe.  I already have tools to manage my lucene index,
but what I'm really looking to do is to expose the Solr query API
into an easy-to-use Java client, probably using commons-httpclient
underneath.

I'll make this available via jira asap.

phil.