lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mike Klaas" <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doc add limit
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:33:16 GMT
Hi Sangraal:

Sorry--I tried not to imply that this might affect your issue.  You
may have to crank up the solr logging to determine where it is
freezing (and what might be happening).

It is certainly worth investigating why this occurs, but I wonder
about the advantages of using such huge batches.  Assuming a few
hundred bytes per document, 6100 docs produces a POST over 1MB in
size.

-Mike

On 7/27/06, sangraal aiken <sangraal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>  I've been posting with the content type set like this:
>       conn.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "application/octet-stream");
>
> I tried your suggestion though, and unfortunately there was no change.
>       conn.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8");
>
> -Sangraal
>
>
> On 7/27/06, Mike Klaas <mike.klaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 7/27/06, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > class SolrConnection:
> > >   def __init__(self, host='localhost:8983', solrBase='/solr'):
> > >     self.host = host
> > >     self.solrBase = solrBase
> > >     #a connection to the server is not opened at this point.
> > >     self.conn = httplib.HTTPConnection(self.host)
> > >     #self.conn.set_debuglevel(1000000)
> > >     self.postheaders = {"Connection":"close"}
> > >
> > >   def doUpdateXML(self, request):
> > >     try:
> > >       self.conn.request('POST', self.solrBase+'/update', request,
> > > self.postheaders)
> >
> > Disgressive note: I'm not sure if it is necessary with tomcat, but in
> > my experience driving solr with python using Jetty, it was necessary
> > to specify the content-type when posting utf-8 data:
> >
> > self.postheaders.update({'Content-Type': 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'})
> >
> > -Mike
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message