lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Archambault" <tarchamba...@bangordailynews.net>
Subject Re: stylesheet issue
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:15:22 GMT
By "global" do you mean Solr as the search solution for all those
collections, or do you mean having all those different types of
documents (jobs, autos, classifieds) in a single Solr index?
Yes I did. I envisioned separating them by custom fields named "vertical"
and then within vertical "category"

Unless there is a good reason to put multiple document types in the
same index, you will get better performance by putting them in their
own index.
So my educated guess would be that I would create additional "schema" xml
elements in my schema.xml separately for jobs, homes, cars, news, obits, etc
( in the tutorial, I note the schema name "example") and my search query
strings would have to specify which schema to use in the query, but I don't
see a variable for "schema".

NumDocs: It looks like I am going to have an index of about 300,000
documents initially and should grow by about 150 per day..