lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Finding documents with undefined field
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:18:56 GMT
On 6/7/06, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> Solr's DocSets are a better way to go in the long run, I'm convinced
> - I'm just now starting to leverage them in other ways.

Some random performance numbers... when I enabled HashDocSet support,
performance of CNET shoppers faceted browsing requests increased by
3.6 times.  Another faceted browsing system could not have been built
at all due to the huge number of facets (most very small, so
HashDocSet allowed them to all fit).

>  I do still
> need to do these kinds of inverted sets somehow.

One problem is that not() needs to know how large the sets are.  I
could add a DocSet.flip(int maxDoc) or a DocSet.flip(int startIndex,
int endIndex) or something like that... but a user would need to know
what maxDoc is...

DocSet.andNot(DocSet other) would be doable w/o knowledge of maxDoc though.

-Yonik