lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Eric Jain <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: Splitting and matching words
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:40:48 GMT
Eric Jain wrote:
> I'd like to have "PowerShot", "powershot" and "power-shot" match each
> other. Solr has a WordDelimiterFilter, which works quite well, except
> that "powershot" still won't match "PowerShot" (tokenized into "power
> (shot powershot)", so "power powershot" would match..."). Any suggestions?

The workaround I'll probably use for the time being is to lowercase the
tokens before applying the WordDelimiterFilter, in the analyzer that is
used for parsing queries (but for indexing the order remains unchanged).

This way matches are case-insensitive, which is essential for our
application. "power-shot" (query) still won't match "powershot" (index),
but all the other combinations should work.