lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Stratmann <stratm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Synchronizing commit and optimize
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:46 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
>I think you are probably right about Jetty timing out the request.
>Solr doesn't implement timeouts for requests, and I havent' seen this
>behavior with Solr running on Resin.
>
>You could try another app server like Tomcat, or perhaps figure out of
>the Jetty timeout is configurable.

You were right, it's an Jetty issue.
In Jetty's configuration in jetty.xml I changed the parameter
maxIdleTime which seems to be in milliseconds (I wasn't able to
find documentation for this anywhere). Increasing this value to
3600000 (1 hour) did the trick for me. The line is
<Set name="maxIdleTime">3600000</Set>

The default value in the example installation is 30000. Maybe
it wolud be a good idea to increase this, too.

Thanks,
Marcus