lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Castagna <castagna.li...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse project files...
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:03:57 GMT
Erick Erickson wrote:
> Well, there certainly *can* be absolute paths, it depends
> on whether all your jars are relative to the checked-out
> project or whether you had to go exploring your machine.

I didn't said that is not possible to have absolute paths. :-)
True, there certainly *can* be absolute paths, but they are not
necessary and can easily be avoided.

> But that's a nit. I agree it's certainly possible to carefully
> construct the necessary files so that all paths are relative,
> and include all the relevant jars located at those relative
> path locations.

+1

> Are you volunteering? If so, feel free to create a JIRA
> and attach any patches, I'm sure one of the committers will
> be happy to make it happen, assuming they approve...

I am curious to know what's the IDE (if any at all) is used by
the majority of Lucene/Solr committers.

I'll put more effort on this, if the majority of committers are
using Eclipse, otherwise it will be of no value for the project.

Paolo