lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Castagna <castagna.li...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse project files... and Debian
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:33:17 GMT
Hi Thomas,
first of all, thank you for sharing your opinions (I followed your
recent problems with JSON, for example :-)).

I fully understand your troubles.

I use Ubuntu (and therefore part of Debian). Thank you for all the
good stuff you (your Thomas and the community) are doing.

But, for Java artifacts, I prefer to follow other approaches which
allow me to have more (or a different type of) control on dependencies.

There are different "best practices", for example:

  - http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
  - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/

I think that all the effort and approaches to provide users and
developers an automated and painless experience are valuable, but
I prefer to use solutions which would work no matter what the
operating system it is (Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac OS X).

I use Maven or Ant+Ivy or Ant+Maven.

Paolo