lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: rough outline of where Solr's going
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 01:27:15 GMT

: Sorry about the following non serious reply:
:
: It hasn't seemed to hurt the most popular software in the world to be way
: worse than that ;)
:
: 1, 2, 3, NT, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, CE, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7 (by who's

a) 2000 came out before ME

b) NT, CE, and 2003 (a server edition) were all "forks" designed for
differnet usages.

c) If you're willing to pony up enough cash to match the marketing budget
spent for *any* one of those version schema transitions then I will
happily back you up on naming the version any-freaking-thing you want.
I'll seriously vote to call it "Apache Solr Miller Edition" if you pay for
the billboards

-Hoss