lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: removal of deprecated HtmlStrip*Tokenizer factories
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:18:57 GMT

: Is there any concern with removing the deprecated HtmlStrip*Tokenizer factories?

I'm not adverse to gutting *internal* deprecated classes on just about any
release (requiring plugin writers to deal with the deprecation) but if
it's possible to keep things working for users with no java knowledge i'd
prefer it.

In the case of these factories: can't we eliminate the Html*Tokenizers
themselves, but make the *factories* return the neccessary *Tokenizer
wrapped in an HtmlStripCharFilter ?

(if not oh well, i'm just looking for ways to simplify the upgrade path
for the common case)

-Hoss