lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Herou <marcus.he...@tailsweep.com>
Subject Abstractify FacetComponent and SimpleFacets
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:23:33 GMT
I would like to utilize all code that has been written around Facets and
just to hook in somewhere SimpleFacets.getFacetDateCounts calls rangeCount
i.e. I would like to group on date but return something else than a count in
this case the sum of another field than the actual faceted field but I feel
that the generic way would be to be able to hook in a FunctionQuery somehow
there.

So what I try to say instead of ctrl-c those two classes I would like to
refactor it somehow so I can use a template pattern or such here. Should I
write the patch and would it be accepted by the community if it is written
good ?

Cheers

//Marcus

+46702561312