lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper Logging
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:27:08 GMT
On 03/25/2010 11:22 AM, Igor Motov wrote:
> I wonder if it would make sense to replace log4j-1.2.15.jar in the lib
> directory of the cloud branch with log4j-over-slf4j-1.5.5.jar. SOLR is
> already using SLF4J for its logging and log4j-over-slf4j bridge would
> redirect all ZooKeeper log messages into the same SLF4J logging stream. I
> did it in my setup and and it helped me a lot when I ran into issues with my
> ZooKeeper configuration.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Igor

Yeah, this is a great idea - been meaning to look into this since Uwe
mentioned to me that it was possible the other week. Hadn't realized
these bridge jars existed previously. Yonik had started looking into
getting the ZooKeeper project to switch to SLF4J, but this is a great
solution for now.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com