lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Fuad Efendi (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SOLR-1764) While indexing a "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause" exception is thrown
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:01:28 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1764?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12831458#action_12831458
] 

Fuad Efendi commented on SOLR-1764:
-----------------------------------

Funny, it might happen that this is not a problem with JDK 1.6.0_9; or may be with latest
JDK. As a quick workaround... Also, you may try to use SolrJ with binary format...
I'll try to check that <element>word&amp;word</element> doesn't cause a problem...

> While indexing a "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause" exception is
thrown
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-1764
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1764
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: clients - java
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>         Environment: Windows XP, JBoss 4.2.3 GA
>            Reporter: Michael McGowan
>            Priority: Blocker
>
> I get an exception while indexing. It seems that I'm unable to see the root cause of
the exception because it is masked by another "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite
cause" exception.
> Here is the stacktrace :
> 16:59:04,292 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:04 PM org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor
finish
> INFO: {} 0 15
> 16:59:04,292 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:04 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException
log
> SEVERE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause
>         at java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:320)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.compat.Jdk14Impl.setInitCause(Jdk14Impl.java:70)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxException.<init>(WstxException.java:46)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException.<init>(WstxIOException.java:16)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.doCreateSR(WstxInputFactory.java:536)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:592)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:648)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(WstxInputFactory.java:319)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:68)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:54)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
>         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> 16:59:04,292 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:04 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
> INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/update params={wt=xml&version=2.2} status=500 QTime=15
> 16:59:04,292 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:04 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException
log
> SEVERE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause
>         at java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:320)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.compat.Jdk14Impl.setInitCause(Jdk14Impl.java:70)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxException.<init>(WstxException.java:46)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException.<init>(WstxIOException.java:16)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.doCreateSR(WstxInputFactory.java:536)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:592)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:648)
>         at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(WstxInputFactory.java:319)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:68)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:54)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
>         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
>         at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> 16:59:10,058 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:10 PM org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor
finish
> INFO: {add=[null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, ... (8 added)]} 0 765
> 16:59:10,058 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:10 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
> INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/update params={wt=xml&version=2.2} status=0 QTime=765
> 16:59:15,761 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:15 PM org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor
finish
> INFO: {add=[null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, ... (8 added)]} 0 625
> 16:59:15,761 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 8, 2010 4:59:15 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
> INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/update params={wt=xml&version=2.2} status=0 QTime=625

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message