lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From swapnilagarwal <swapnilagarwalin...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Associating documents
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 06:11:53 GMT

I am creating .xml files which are then posted to solr for creating
documents.
tags.
Now consider an example where we data for a car. We would like to add one
doc related to some features of the car like mileage, horsepower e.t.c. We
will add another doc containing information about the price, service about
the same car.
Now both the above docs will contain an ID representing the same car.
Now when search is performed, how do I get the result combined from both the
above docs.
For instance, if I search for feature:13KM/L price:60K, I want the search
results having combined score from the docs containing the same car ID.

Merging these docs is not favourable as I want to add,delete and upadate the
features for a particular car.

Thanks in advance!!