lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: poly fields in fieldcache
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:40:16 GMT
For sorting or just in general?

Sorting currently is not supported for PointType, etc. (although it probably could be if someone
wanted to define it, although I'm not a 100% sure what it would mean in all cases).

In reality, Poly Fields are just semantic sugar around other fields, at least that is how
the current ones are implemented.  So, I suppose they could be made to work w/ the field cache,
if they don't already.  I'd have to look specifically, but they do support loading via a ValueSource.

Is there something specific you are looking to do?

-Grant