lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Case-insensitive searches and facet case
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:08:47 GMT
To amplify this correct answer, use one field for searching (querying).
This would be lower cased.  Then use a second field for faceting (case
preserved).  The only gotcha here is that your original data may have
inconsistent casing.  My usual answer for that is to either impose a
conventional case pattern (which takes you back to one field if you like) or
to do a spelling corrector analysis to find the most common case pattern for
each unique lower cased string.  Then during indexing, I impose that pattern
on the facet field.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve