lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r899979 - /lucene/solr/trunk/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:43:38 GMT

: again. I don't think it matters if its the same FileChannel or not - you
: just can't use Native Locks within the same JVM, as the lock is held by
: the JVM - they are per process - so Lucene does its own little static
: map stuff to lock within JVM (simple in memory lock tracking) and uses
: the actual Native Lock for multiple JVMs (which is all its good for -
: process granularity). But obviously, the in memory locking doesn't work
: across webapps.

Assuming I'm understanding all of this correctly, that implies a bug in
Lucene's NativeFSLockFactory when used in a multiple classloader type
situation -- including any app running in a servlet container.

At a minimu, shouldn't NativeFSLock.obtain() be checking for
OverlappingFileLockException and treating that as a failure to acquire the
lock?

-Hoss