lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LucidWorks for Solr Reference Guide on front page?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:50:57 GMT

On Jan 12, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> I do worry that people will start asking questions about LucidWorks on solr-user@,
which I'm not sure is appropriate, so we should monitor that fairly carefully.

> IMO, a single community is better than a split community - so
> discussion of LucidWorks on solr-user is actually more appropriate
> than anywhere else (for most of the topics at least).

Agreed about split, but I don't want people to be confused about someone referring to things
that are only in the Lucid stuff and then thinking it is part of the main Solr stuff.  I guess
we can just handle on a case-by-case basis.