lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: failing tests
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:00:32 GMT
I'd look at the properties setup in the Ant build.xml test target to see what's missing.  I
don't use Eclipse, so that is the only advice I have.  For the tests, I believe the solr.solr.home
dir needs to be the one under the src test dir.

On Jan 20, 2010, at 12:27 AM, Siv Anette Fjellkårstad wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to run Solr1.4.0's unit tests from Eclipse (under Windows). About half the
tests are failing, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This is what I've done:

> 1. Checked out the code outside Eclipse's workspace
> 2. File > New > Project > Java project.
> 3. Create project from existing source"
>
> 4. Five compiler errors. Fixed in this way:
> Properties > Java Build Path > order and Export
> Moved “JRE System Library” to the top
>
> 5. I've tried to set Run As > Run Configuration > Arguments > VM Arguments:
-Dsolr.solr.home=<my solr dir>, but perhaps I set the wrong directory?

> I can see that we have a lot of solrConfig.xml, but I don't know how to choose the right
one for each test.

> When I add one conf-directory to the build path, another one is still missing. What have
I done wrong?

> Kind regards,
> Siv
>
> This email originates from Steria AS, Biskop Gunnerus' gate 14a, N-0051 OSLO, http://www.steria.no.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential/intellectual property/copyright information
and is only for the use of the addressee(s). You are prohibited from copying, forwarding,
disclosing, saving or otherwise using it in any way if you are not the addressee(s) or responsible
for delivery. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and cancel it
immediately. Steria may monitor the content of emails within its network to ensure compliance
with its policies and procedures. Any email is susceptible to alteration and its integrity
cannot be assured. Steria shall not be liable if the message is altered, modified, falsified,
or even edited.