lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: LucidWorks for Solr Reference Guide on front page?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:27:01 GMT
On Jan 12, 2010, at 5:45 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>I'd like to put an image and link to our LucidWorks for Solr
>Certified Distro Reference Guide on the Solr front page, and
>wondering if there were any objections.
>
>To toss out my only objection with my Apache hat on (yes, I'm really
>wearing it!), the reference guide isn't strictly about *Apache*
>Solr, it's about our distro of it.

I think it's good to link to outside publications, and it doesn't seem like a
problem to me that it's a related product.  News snippets linking to magazine
articles (especially positive reviews early on) are common fare on project
webpages.

What I might like to know, though, is how other publications might compete for
this high-value screen real estate.  For news snippets, old content naturally
rolls off the page as new content gets added, and new content automatically
gets added at the top.  Would it make sense to adopt a similar FIFO policy for
a slower-moving left hand column?

Marvin Humphrey