lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FunctionQuery" by GrantIngersoll
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:13:05 GMT
On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that the docs for geo related functions have introduced
>> the notion of ValueSource.  That's at the Java level, and in the past
>> I've tried to keep http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery
>> completely away from that.
>>

> Feel free to reword into something that describes aggregating together multiple of these
"thingies" into a single multi-"thingy".

A function can be:
- a constant
- a field
- a function

Now that a concept of multiple values per document has been added,
perhaps "vector"?
So instead of toMultiVS(x,y,z). perhaps vector(x,y,z)?  Or if not
that, perhaps multi(x,y,z)

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com