lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:44:26 GMT
2009/12/13 Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ् <noble.paul@corp.aol.com>:
> I guess the async part is done by the client library itself. How does
> it help Solr?

The only place that makes sense for async in solr is sending multiple
requests as part of a distributed search (potentially hundreds) and
not having to have a thread for each.  But even in that case I'm not
sure it's really a big deal -  for each request, the work required of
the system as a whole is much greater than the resources a thread
takes up (and we use a thread pool to avoid creating/destroying
threads all the time).

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com