lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Namespaces in response (SOLR-1586)
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:06:02 GMT
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>> What GIS tool could deal with a Solr XML response format w/o any other
>> knowledge of everything else in the response?
>> Are there some real use cases that using a namespace vs not for point
>> make easier (an honest question... I don't know much about GIS stuff).
>
> Using standards enables standard tool development.

We do use standards... lots of them :-)  Let's be a bit more specific
though - I was asking about using a namespace for the point type by
*default*, and in isolation (i.e. the rest of solr xml isn't
namespaced), and if/how that made things easier?  At first blush it
doesn't really seem to since any tool would need to deal with the Solr
XML response in general.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com