lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Solr 1.5 - The Cloud Edition!
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:55:42 GMT
I hereby dub Solr 1.5 "The Cloud Edition"!
(of course anyone else may also dub it anything else they so choose ;-)

There's lots of prototyles and great work floating around that aim to
increase the practical scalability and ease of cluster management of
Solr.  I did some brainstorming myself of how we could use zookeeper
on the flight to ApacheCon US last month, and had a number of
discussions with various people while there.  I'm going over those
notes and adding some stuff to a new wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

Of course the main issue is at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1277
And there is already another wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ZooKeeperIntegration

I started a new page for myself because I'm not sure we're all in sync
yet and didn't want to get into competitive editing :-)
Anyway, I think this is going to be a big enough issue with
potentially a ton of discussion, and we should perhaps use the mailing
lists for general design discussions rather than forcing everything
into a single JIRA issue (which doesn't deal well with huge threads).

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com