lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: SOLR-1131 - Multiple Fields per Field Type
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:07:05 GMT

: That's not how the Cartesian Field stuff works, but I think I see what
: you are getting at and I would say I'm going to explicitly punt on that
: right now.  Ultimately, I think when such a case comes up, the FieldType
: needs to be configured to be able to determine this information.

I'm fine punting on it -- i don't understand half this stuff anyway -- i
just wanted to raise the issue incase someone else said "Ack! ... yes that
is a big oversight in the API that will cause problems with X, Y, Z."

-Hoss