lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Namespaces in response (SOLR-1586)
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:36:19 GMT
Hey All,

I think Eric is right on here and what I thought the intent of the patch was. Facilitating
integration of Solr into environments where there is not "one true XML output". In addition,
there shouldn't be "one true JSON output" for cases where your existing code already has a
way it expects the JSON. Why not allow someone to write a JSON output that feeds directly
into that tool without having to change that tool. This is what makes Solr so cool is because
of its flexibility and to limit that would be a shame. None of this really has to limit the
internal representation or what the Solr community builds to support it's format but don't
unnecessarily relegate that functionality to XSLT.

--Paul