lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r893792 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: example/solr/conf/schema.xml src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/CoordinateFieldType.java src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/FieldType.java src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/PointType.java
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2009 21:36:00 GMT

On Dec 24, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Any objection to moving the suffix/subfield stuff up to CoordinateFieldType?  I'm
working on the Cartesian Tier stuff and it has much the same pattern for this stuff.

> I dunno... will it complicate things more?  What's the difference
> between CoordinateFieldType and PointFieldtype?

I envision you could have things like a ShapeFieldType that inherits from CoordinateFieldType
(i.e. has a subtype and a dimension)

> What will the base class be for asking for a bounding box?

Actually, what I think I need is the subType/suffix handling separate from the dimension stuff.
 I'll put up a patch in a few days.  Time to go eat some Christmas cookies.

-Grant