lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about extending a response writer
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:31:35 GMT
Matt,

I'm not sure if this will help - but pull your definition of
MLTRubyWriter outside of MLTRubyResponseWriter (look at
RubyResponseWriter.java for hot is done there).  RubyWriter isn't
public, but you're using the same package so it should work.

Also, of course you know this, but extending the response writers for
this sort of thing is not really the way to go.  What needs to happen
is the MoreLikeThisComponent should be adjusted to have a way to
override the default field list from fl.  If you build it this way,
it'd be something we could add to Solr and support in the core, versus
your unsupported rogue way :)

	Erik