lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r893792 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: example/solr/conf/schema.xml src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/CoordinateFieldType.java src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/FieldType.java src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/PointType.java
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:11:20 GMT

On Dec 24, 2009, at 4:36 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

>> What will the base class be for asking for a bounding box?
>>

> Actually, what I think I need is the subType/suffix handling separate from the dimension
stuff.  I'll put up a patch in a few days.  Time to go eat some Christmas cookies.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1586 for my proposed refactoring.  Basically,
I introduced a new base class for CoordinateFieldType that has the subtype/suffix handling,
but not the dimension stuff, as the CartesianTierField only deals with lat/lon.