lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Functions as Filters
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:32:02 GMT

On Nov 15, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Is it at all meaningful to think about a function query acting as a Filter?  The
basic idea being that if the score was above/below some value (presumably 0 by default), then
that particular document would be on/off.

> frange?
>
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/tag/frange/

This might have legs...  In combination with the new Distance functions I committed yesterday:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=*:*&fq={!frange%20l=0%20u=5}dist%282,%2032,%20-80,%20lat,%20lon%29

As I see it, I can now filter, boost and sort (using the ^0 workaround) by distance using
Function queries.  I've only tested on a small index so far (68K geo-locations), but will
try to use something bigger once I get it indexed.

-Grant