lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: How To Release, specversion, version, etc.
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:14:43 GMT
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Does the second step (step 7 on the wiki) occur on the branch that we just
> checked out?  I know in the end that I'm building w/ specversion and version
> set to 1.4.0 for the release, but that update of common-build.xml seems a
> bit out of place.

I have an easier time looking at how you want things ending up, and
working backward.
If someone checks out the branch or the tag for 1.4.0 and builds it
themselves, we want them to get 1.4.1-dev as a version number.

So... the docs (at least that little part) look fine to me.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com