lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Another RC
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:57:13 GMT
OK, so let's do the following: as soon as the Lucene 2.9.1 official RC
is put up (the one that will be voted on), I'll update Solr and we can
do our vote at the same time, saving 3 or 4 days... this release has
really been held up long enough :-)

We can re-evaluate what to do if for some reason the Lucene vote
doesn't pass (i.e., we won't blindly release Solr if the lucene vote
fails).

Hopefully everyone has looked at the latest Solr distributions for any
potential showstoppers that would cause them to vote -1 during the
official vote.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
> Please wait for an official release of Lucene. It makes thing SO much easier
> when you need to dig into the Lucene code.
>
> It is well worth a week delay.
>
> wunder
>
> On Oct 19, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are we ready for a release?
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I don't think we need to wait for Lucene 2.9.1 - we have all the fixes
>> in our version, and there's little point in pushing things off yet
>> another week.
>>
>> Seems like the next RC should be a *real* one (i.e. no RC label in the
>> version, immediately call a VOTE).
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>
>>>  I got busy at work and haven't been able to
>>> address things as much, but it seems like things are progressing.
>>>
>>> Shall I generate another RC or are we waiting for Lucene 2.9.1?  If we go
>>> w/
>>> the 2.9.1-dev, then we just need to restore the Maven stuff for them.
>>>  Hopefully, that stuff was just commented out and not completely removed
>>> so
>>> as to make it a little easier to restore.
>>>
>>> -Grant
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message