lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r829663 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: site/tutorial.html site/tutorial.pdf src/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/tutorial.xml
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:33:08 GMT

Whoa ... Typos are nothing new to the Solr documentation, but i think
this is the first time I've been the one to notice a type in something
someone else wrote...

: +    We can facet multile ways at the same time.  The following example adds in a facet
on the

Also, the URLs in the highlighting & faceting sections are a little
confusing...

: +    <a href="http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?wt=json&amp;indent=on&amp;q=*:*&amp;fl=name&amp;facet=true&amp;facet.field=cat&amp;facet.field=inStock">q=*:*&amp;facet=true&amp;facet.field=cat&amp;facet.field=inStock</a>

...the href's all contain "wt=json&indent=on" but the visible text
doesn't, which makes it kind of suprising when you click on them since all
the previous examples have produced an XML response (except for one which
has "wt=json" in the text and explicit says "(return response in JSON
format)" next to it.

If people think the json output is easier to read, then i'm cool with
using it, but the link text should match the link href.

-Hoss