lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Another RC
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:35:24 GMT
Please wait for an official release of Lucene. It makes thing SO much  
easier when you need to dig into the Lucene code.

It is well worth a week delay.

wunder

On Oct 19, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll  
> <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Are we ready for a release?
>
> +1
>
> I don't think we need to wait for Lucene 2.9.1 - we have all the fixes
> in our version, and there's little point in pushing things off yet
> another week.
>
> Seems like the next RC should be a *real* one (i.e. no RC label in the
> version, immediately call a VOTE).
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>
>>  I got busy at work and haven't been able to
>> address things as much, but it seems like things are progressing.
>>
>> Shall I generate another RC or are we waiting for Lucene 2.9.1?  If  
>> we go w/
>> the 2.9.1-dev, then we just need to restore the Maven stuff for them.
>>  Hopefully, that stuff was just commented out and not completely  
>> removed so
>> as to make it a little easier to restore.
>>
>> -Grant
>


Mime
View raw message