lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: archive solrjs and point to AJAX Solr?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 15:57:11 GMT
So one thing that I think is key to minimizing confusion is to write
up some sort of "State of the JavaScript Clients" section on the Solr
wiki.  Either as part of this page: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/
SolrJS, or create a http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJavascriptClients
page.  And try and get everyone (solrstuff.org, AjaxSolr) to point to
it as the master "status" page for all the libraries.  Otherwise we
may continue to see rampant confusion among all the JS libraries.

I always found the various widgets for jQuery quite confusing because
some are hosted on jQuery.org, while others are called things like
"jQuery Calender Widget", but aren't official jQuery widgets!

If we want to do this, I'll volunteer to take a crack at the State of
the Javascript Clients page, and lay it out in a way that lists pros/
cons/status, so that as other libraries are created, others can fill
it out.  Think somewhat like the CI Feature Matrix page (http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/CI+Feature+Matrix

).

Eric

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com