lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Another RC
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:05:59 GMT

On Oct 26, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> So, just to clarify, here's the plan as I understand it:
>
> 1. Put up a 1.4.0 RC today w/ 2.9.1-RC2
> 2. Commence vote on 1.4.0
> 3. Once 2.9.1 is finalized, replace in Solr and generate final  
> artifacts

We also must make sure the maven pom.xml points to the right place.   
(currently it still points to 2.9... not the solr specific ones)


> 4. Release
>
> Is that correct?  This basically works on the assumption that the  
> only thing that has changed between 2.9.1-RC2 and 2.9.1 final is the  
> name of the jars.  If that is the case, I'm fine w/ this process.
>

sounds good.  Thanks Grant!



> -Grant
>
> On Oct 19, 2009, at 5:57 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> OK, so let's do the following: as soon as the Lucene 2.9.1 official  
>> RC
>> is put up (the one that will be voted on), I'll update Solr and we  
>> can
>> do our vote at the same time, saving 3 or 4 days... this release has
>> really been held up long enough :-)
>>
>> We can re-evaluate what to do if for some reason the Lucene vote
>> doesn't pass (i.e., we won't blindly release Solr if the lucene vote
>> fails).
>>
>> Hopefully everyone has looked at the latest Solr distributions for  
>> any
>> potential showstoppers that would cause them to vote -1 during the
>> official vote.
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org 
>> > wrote:
>>> Please wait for an official release of Lucene. It makes thing SO  
>>> much easier
>>> when you need to dig into the Lucene code.
>>>
>>> It is well worth a week delay.
>>>
>>> wunder
>>>
>>> On Oct 19, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org

>>>> >
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Are we ready for a release?
>>>>
>>>> +1
>>>>
>>>> I don't think we need to wait for Lucene 2.9.1 - we have all the  
>>>> fixes
>>>> in our version, and there's little point in pushing things off yet
>>>> another week.
>>>>
>>>> Seems like the next RC should be a *real* one (i.e. no RC label  
>>>> in the
>>>> version, immediately call a VOTE).
>>>>
>>>> -Yonik
>>>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>>>
>>>>> I got busy at work and haven't been able to
>>>>> address things as much, but it seems like things are progressing.
>>>>>
>>>>> Shall I generate another RC or are we waiting for Lucene 2.9.1?   
>>>>> If we go
>>>>> w/
>>>>> the 2.9.1-dev, then we just need to restore the Maven stuff for  
>>>>> them.
>>>>> Hopefully, that stuff was just commented out and not completely  
>>>>> removed
>>>>> so
>>>>> as to make it a little easier to restore.
>>>>>
>>>>> -Grant
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>


Mime
View raw message