lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another RC
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:27:12 GMT
Will do once I have a Lucene RC.

On Oct 25, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> If all goes well in lucene-land 2.9.1 should start a vote on Monday  
> sometime...
>
> I've recently tested the latest stable Jetty (6.1.21) ... so we can
> avoid some duplication, has anyone tested with the latest tomcat,
> resin, or other popular servlet containers?
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Yonik Seeley
> <yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
>> OK, so let's do the following: as soon as the Lucene 2.9.1 official  
>> RC
>> is put up (the one that will be voted on), I'll update Solr and we  
>> can
>> do our vote at the same time, saving 3 or 4 days... this release has
>> really been held up long enough :-)
>>
>> We can re-evaluate what to do if for some reason the Lucene vote
>> doesn't pass (i.e., we won't blindly release Solr if the lucene vote
>> fails).
>>
>> Hopefully everyone has looked at the latest Solr distributions for  
>> any
>> potential showstoppers that would cause them to vote -1 during the
>> official vote.
>>
>> -Yonik
>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org 
>> > wrote:
>>> Please wait for an official release of Lucene. It makes thing SO  
>>> much easier
>>> when you need to dig into the Lucene code.
>>>
>>> It is well worth a week delay.
>>>
>>> wunder
>>>
>>> On Oct 19, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org

>>>> >
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Are we ready for a release?
>>>>
>>>> +1
>>>>
>>>> I don't think we need to wait for Lucene 2.9.1 - we have all the  
>>>> fixes
>>>> in our version, and there's little point in pushing things off yet
>>>> another week.
>>>>
>>>> Seems like the next RC should be a *real* one (i.e. no RC label  
>>>> in the
>>>> version, immediately call a VOTE).
>>>>
>>>> -Yonik
>>>> http://www.lucidimagination.com
>>>>
>>>>>  I got busy at work and haven't been able to
>>>>> address things as much, but it seems like things are progressing.
>>>>>
>>>>> Shall I generate another RC or are we waiting for Lucene 2.9.1?   
>>>>> If we go
>>>>> w/
>>>>> the 2.9.1-dev, then we just need to restore the Maven stuff for  
>>>>> them.
>>>>>  Hopefully, that stuff was just commented out and not completely  
>>>>> removed
>>>>> so
>>>>> as to make it a little easier to restore.
>>>>>
>>>>> -Grant
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids)  
using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search


Mime
View raw message