lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r830013 - in /lucene/solr/branches/branch-1.4: common-build.xml src/maven/solr-core-pom.xml.template
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:46:06 GMT

On Oct 26, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Grant Ingersoll
> <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Not following...
>
> I just updated the default version to 1.4.1-dev on the branch.
> I really don't know what maven_version should be set to... I guess we
> can leave it at 1.4.0 for now.

Yeah, that is fine.  I still don't get your 2.9.1-dev comment.  Was
that in relation to the Maven stuff or the common-build.xml stuff?

FWIW, I think we are fine with the Maven stuff.

>>  This gets a little tricky w/ the Maven stuff b/c we want
>> it to point to the value that is actually released, which will be
>> 2.9.1 in
>> the pom.  So, it won't work until Lucene is actually published,
>> unfortunately.
>
> We're not actually releasing before Lucene though... what doesn't
> work?
> "ant package" seems to work fine...

I was referring to the Maven stuff that refers to the Lucene 2.9.1
POM.  Thus, if someone were try to resolve the POMs now, it would
fail, but they will pass by the time Solr is actually released, thus I
am not worried, but someone might run into a problem in the meantime
w/ it.