lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting solr.home in web.xml
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:44:49 GMT
Mark Miller wrote:
> Anyone able to get this to work? I can't.
>
>   <!-- People who want to hardcode their "Solr Home" directly into the
>        WAR File can set the JNDI property here...
>    -->
>
>     <env-entry>
>        <env-entry-name>solr/home</env-entry-name>
>        <env-entry-value>/put/your/solr/home/here</env-entry-value>
>        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
>     </env-entry>
>
> For some reason, I see an error in web.xml when uncommenting that -
> though it looks right from the doc info I can find on it.

Whew - never mind - its actually easy as this comment would imply.

You just have to:

1. If you want to lose the web.xml error on validation, change web.xml
from 2.3 to 2.4 (done in a different way than 2.3 is specified). Not
required though.

2. Add the jetty-plus jar and jetty-naming jar to example/lib

3. Add    <Set name="configurationClasses"><Ref id="plusConfig"/></Set>
to jetty.xml in the webappdeployer section.

4. Make sure you specify an initial naming factory: <sysproperty
key="java.naming.factory.initial"
value="org.mortbay.naming.InitialContextFactory"/>

Then you can actually use this method to specify different solr.homes
for multiple Solr installs on a box.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com