lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Sun <st...@anobii.com>
Subject DIH import "out of memory" problem (batchSize and autoCommit not working)
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:59:36 GMT
Hi,

I spent a whole day trying to make "batchSize" work for JdbcDataSource with
"org.postgresql.Driver", but got frustrated.  At last I took a look into
DIH's source code and found that there's actually a bug in there.  When JDBC
driver is placed in <solr-home>/lib (as instructed by DIHQuickStart page of
Solr wiki), but not in tomcat's lib directory, the JDBC connection will not
be configured as specified in the DIH configuration at all.  Attributes like
autoCommit, readOnly and batchSize will be ignored.  The fix is simple, have
attached my patch.
(contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/JdbcDataSource.java
r817524)

One work-around is: place your JDBC driver jar under tomcat's application
lib directory.  e.g., tomcat/webapps/solr/WEB-INF/lib/

Have only tested with postgresql drivers, but seems the problem is generic
to all drivers placed in <solr-home>/lib.

Regards,
Steve