lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: SVN ignores
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:20:13 GMT

: > Yes, by all means add ignores where appropriate.
: Cool - just checking that it was appropriate - wasn't sure if that stuff
: was actually changed
: or if I had screw up issues on my end.

your instincts were appropraite -- blindly adding to svn:ignore is an easy
way to hide problems, so if you can't explain them it means someone else
forgot to do something appropraite with them.

(that's why it's always good to check that there are no "?" prior to a
commit -- because they either indicate a file you forgot to "svn add" or a
file that you should have svn:ignored)

-Hoss