lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r808988 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: CHANGES.txt src/java/org/apache/solr/request/PHPSerializedResponseWriter.java
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 00:24:55 GMT

: +61. SOLR-1091: Jetty's use of CESU-8 for code points outside the BMP
: +    resulted in invalid output from the serialized PHP writer. (yonik)

: +  static boolean modifiedUTF8 = System.getProperty("jetty.home") != null;

...that seems really hackish to me, particularly since for all we know
there are other servlet containers that might have the same problem.

Wouldn't it make more sense to add an init param for the
PHPSerializedResponseWriter that lets people set this deterministicly in
solrconfig.xml?  (and then we could set it and comment on it in the
example configs so things are more transparent)

-Hoss